Sherman Joseph Alexie Jr. (born on October 7,1966) is a writer, poet, filmmaker, and occasional comedian. Most of his writing describes his life as a Native American. Unfortunately, he was born with hydrocephalus, which caused his to suffer from seizures throughout his childhood. Later in his life, Alexie decided to leave his reservation to attend Reardan High School, which helped him get a better education and start his writing career.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Letter to my college roomate

Hello roommate,
My name is Rodrigo Paredes and I come from a family of three: me, my mom, and my sister. I am one of those people that they call a “nerd” because I do my work and strive to get straight A’s, but I don’t really care what they say because I know that I am not a “nerd“. I am just trying to succeed in life and get a well paid job once I am out of college to keep on living a great life; however, some people do not understand that. I also run Cross Country and Track distance events and plan on joining the college teams once I get there. I love to run because it lets me clear my mind from any stress I have and lets me forget for a while, so maybe we can go for a jog if you are up for it one day. I am also a big NFL fan, preferably a Packers fan, so you will probably see me screaming at the screen from time to time during football season. I am kind of new to hip hop dancing and crew dancing but I am a huge fan of it; for example, my favorite dance crew is IaMmE because of their unique connecting style and I hope to become a great dancer to make a dance crew like them one day. Not only that, I also play the guitar and I love music in general because I do not think that I could live without it and it is a great way to express oneself. And well I like to be myself at all times so you will probably never see me as a fake. Well we will talk later I guess.
Sincerely,
Rodrigo Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment