Sherman Joseph Alexie Jr. (born on October 7,1966) is a writer, poet, filmmaker, and occasional comedian. Most of his writing describes his life as a Native American. Unfortunately, he was born with hydrocephalus, which caused his to suffer from seizures throughout his childhood. Later in his life, Alexie decided to leave his reservation to attend Reardan High School, which helped him get a better education and start his writing career.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Change on Campus


If I had the power to change something in my high school campus, it would be to have everyone throw their trash away in the trashcan. It is striking to see trash flying all over my school campus everyday because some students are not mature enough to walk over to a trashcan and clean up after themselves. There are many students in our school that do not care for our school environment and decide to throw their trash right on the floor. Students probably think that just because the janitor will clean up their mess, that it makes it okay to litter; however, I do not see why it is so difficult to clean up after oneself. I doubt they do that at their house, so why do they choose to do it in our school. They have to acknowledge that if janitors did not clean after the students our school would be a trash fest, the whole school would be filled with trash everywhere. I don’t know about the student body but I know that I would not want that to happen because I would like to study in a clean environment where I do not have to encounter trash anywhere unless it is in a trashcan where it belongs.
Another thing that I would change would be to raise our school spirit. There has been recent events at Castle Park High School that has made our school seem horrible. Like our principal Mrs. Sandoval-Johnson said, all those events are individual issues that do not define Castle Park as a whole. It seems as if the media only looks at the flaws of our school and not the accomplishments we have achieved as a whole. Because of these unfortunate events, a large number of our student body has been induced to believe that our school is horrible and have lost their pride. I believe that we should have a little more assemblies to unite our school and regain our pride because if no one is together, then everyone will believe what the media tells them to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment