Sherman Joseph Alexie Jr. (born on October 7,1966) is a writer, poet, filmmaker, and occasional comedian. Most of his writing describes his life as a Native American. Unfortunately, he was born with hydrocephalus, which caused his to suffer from seizures throughout his childhood. Later in his life, Alexie decided to leave his reservation to attend Reardan High School, which helped him get a better education and start his writing career.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back in Time



If I could go back in time and be someone in history, I would like to be Frederick Douglass. I understand that he was a former slave and lived a difficult life, however, if I could move as many abolitionists that he did in the North, then it would be worth it. He helped reveal the negativity of slavery to the blinded Northerners and influenced many anti-slavery groups to stand up against the pro-slavery people in the South. Therefore, since he brought slavery awareness to the North, he was able to influence Lincoln to end slavery after the Civil War. He was also a very intelligent man because of the way he learned how to read and write by asking little white children. Not only that but he was also able to escape with a well thought out plan and fortunately succeeded.
If I could make an enormous movement like he did at the time and succeed on helping the southern slaves to gain their freedom from their slave owners, then I would be able to die in peace and happy with myself on my great accomplishment. I would have actually done something for the world and be someone instead of being someone that did not do much. If I had that many followers that Douglass had and that much fame, I would have also tried to establish other movements in the world of issues that are occurring today like going green and volunteering in helping those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment